Christmas Tree Sun Catcher
The original idea was from Alpha Mom’s Christmas Tree Sun Catcher which I found on Pinterest. Of course, I improvised a little based on the supplies I had on-hand.
- contact paper
- 12″x12″ green card stock or construction paper
- stuff to decorate your tree with (we used circle punches and glitter)
- star punch, cut out or Post-It note
- arrange 1″ x 12″ strips of paper in the shape of a tree on a piece of contact paper
- decorate your tree on the sticky side
- sprinkle with glitter
- place a star on top of the tree
- place another piece of contact paper on top of your tree and seal the paper together
- cut around the edges leaving about 1/2″ border to make sure the tree seals
Our results didn’t quite look like the original idea but I love the concept of this craft. And my girl loved making it – especially doing the glitter part.